Siemens upgrade TIA Portal

putiss

Hi guys,
I have question about upgrade license. I have V13 SP1 and V14 SP1 installed on my pg. Now I want to install V15 upgrade license.

Will I have both of older version after V15 upgrade install??

Thank you :cool:

Hi guys,
I have question about upgrade license. I have V13 SP1 and V14 SP1 installed on my pg. Now I want to install V15 upgrade license.

Will I have both of older version after V15 upgrade install??

Thank you :cool:

If you have a v14 license and buy an upgrade license, they get combined into a V15 license. HOWEVER, a V15 license also activates everything back to V11. If you have a COMBO license then it also activates the older Simatic Manager based packages (S7 v5.5 or WinCC Flex).

You can have V13SP1, V14SP1, and V15 all installed on the same PC, and all running at the same time off the V15 license. Well, if you have a supercomputer, at least.:ROFLMAO:

Hello I recently bought an S7-1200 + KTP400 starter kit secondhand to learn how to use it and then downloaded V13 TIA Professional with WinCC comfort. I'm using EKB install for the license keys(ye i know). I think all of the keys I need are installed. They also seem to be in the ALM correctly in the "Licensed Software" bit, but I can't seem to add a new PLC or HMI in V13 as it says "WinCC basic not valid" when I try add the HMI and "Function not available as ALM has not been installed" when I try see programming from a previous project. I have reinstalled twice and still nothing, anybody have any ideas???o_O

Sorry for popping this in on someone else's thread but couldn't where to add my own

If you have a v14 license and buy an upgrade license, they get combined into a V15 license. HOWEVER, a V15 license also activates everything back to V11. If you have a COMBO license then it also activates the older Simatic Manager based packages (S7 v5.5 or WinCC Flex).

You can have V13SP1, V14SP1, and V15 all installed on the same PC, and all running at the same time off the V15 license. Well, if you have a supercomputer, at least.:ROFLMAO:

Thank you for answer :) I have a supercomputer from Siemens --> PG M5 :))
So when I'll install V15 upgrade, I won't lost V13 and 14 from my laptop, right?
Thanks

Thank you for answer :) I have a supercomputer from Siemens --> PG M5 :))
So when I'll install V15 upgrade, I won't lost V13 and 14 from my laptop, right?
Thanks

Upgrading the license won't cause you to lose V13 & V14, but the existing license will be transformed.

I will add to what I said before, though. Installing V15 shouldn't affect V13 or V14, AS LONG AS you aren't looking to use WinCC Professional. You can only have one version of WinCC Pro installed at a time. Install WinCC Basic/Comfort/Advanced instead.

Upgrading the license won't cause you to lose V13 & V14, but the existing license will be transformed.

I will add to what I said before, though. Installing V15 shouldn't affect V13 or V14, AS LONG AS you aren't looking to use WinCC Professional. You can only have one version of WinCC Pro installed at a time. Install WinCC Basic/Comfort/Advanced instead.

Ok, I´m sure that V15 complete floating license shouldn´t affect to older version TIA, but not sure in case of UPGRADE license.

So, thanks for explanation (y)

Last edited: