Magelis HMI input question

Jim999

The system was built in 2007
Many people have had hands on it over the years it seems.
I am not a programmer but a humble electrician.

The air flow sensor needs min air flow and max air flow parameters set in the HMI because we cannot access the PLC program. Any changes to get the system working need to be made on the HMI.

The problem is: when I enter 0 m3/hr for min, and 500 m3/hr for max, Im getting a readout of 2500 m3/hr, which doesnt change. I know its something basic but trial and error isnt getting me anywhere.

Its a Unity Premium PLC and Schneider Magelis HMI.

Thank you

Please leave feedback here, I will check as soon as I can but I am off to a funeral this morning. Any input is gratefully accepted.

Im back
Let the responses flow :0

I think the reason for lack of replies, myself included, is that your explanation doesn't make much sense.

For instance, you enter 0 m3/hr for min, and 500 m3/hr for max and get a readout of 2500 m3/hr which doesn't change

You get a readout where that doesn't change, the HMI, on a gauge, somewhere else ?

What have you changed on the HMI, the data entry min/max on the field ?

How do you know that the PLC will accept min as 0 and max as 500, it may be why the readout doesn't change ?

Thanks for replying Tragically.

The readout on the HMI doesn't change. Main problem with the entire situation is we don't have access to the whole system, so I have to try and get it working through the HMI in the field.
I realise my post is somewhat confusing which merely reflects where I am currently as well. I was hoping someone with experience using Unity Premium PLC and Schneider (was Telemecanique I beilieve) would have some insight.

Thanks for replying Tragically.

The readout on the HMI doesn't change. Main problem with the entire situation is we don't have access to the whole system, so I have to try and get it working through the HMI in the field.
I realise my post is somewhat confusing which merely reflects where I am currently as well. I was hoping someone with experience using Unity Premium PLC and Schneider (was Telemecanique I beilieve) would have some insight.

I have programmed thousands of Schneider Magelis HMI's and Premimum PLC's, trouble is your problem is application specific and unfortunately without seeing the HMI and PLC application everything is going to be a guess.

Once again, I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

On another item entirely, still with Magelis HMI, what is the point of the Level column.
On the screen there are 5 columns.
Raw Input Zero Gain Level Result
I can input into Zero, Gain and Level. The Zero and Gain I understand, but the Level column doesnt seem to affect the Result column when I enter anything in it.

Once again, I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

On another item entirely, still with Magelis HMI, what is the point of the Level column.
On the screen there are 5 columns.
Raw Input Zero Gain Level Result
I can input into Zero, Gain and Level. The Zero and Gain I understand, but the Level column doesnt seem to affect the Result column when I enter anything in it.

Sorry but you really do need to be more specific with your questions to get anything meaningful.

If the columns are on the screen then it's been programmed that way and is application specific, Magelis screens are custom engineered by the programmer and without seeing the application it's impossible to advise what they do and don't do.