Requirements to interrogate S7-200

Jonnie_R

So I've been asked to go look at a set of controls which contains a Siemens PLC, which I believe from memory to be an S7-200.

What would I need to interrogate this? Would TIA be able to do it, or would I need an older version of Step7?

I have found details for the PPI pinout on this site so I should be able to sort that.

Apologies for the basic question but I normally only look after Idec, Mitsi and a little Beckhoff kit.

You need Step 7 Micro/Win (Microwin) which since the S7-200 is now priced as spares has gone to silly prices, over £700. Make sure that the PLC software isn't protected against upload or you might be wasting your cash anyway.

Thanks for the response.

I spoken to my customer and we're going to trace wires and find out what his engineer did when swapping a component out that wasn't a direct swap, rather than trying to read the PLC code for missing input signals.

You may also recommend that you start looking to change over that one and any others they have to a 1200 (or other brand)... my price for the Microwin software went up 115% in one price increase, I dont even offer it anymore, so as Bryan said... just plain silly

You may also recommend that you start looking to change over that one and any others they have to a 1200 (or other brand)... my price for the Microwin software went up 115% in one price increase, I dont even offer it anymore, so as Bryan said... just plain silly

I will have a chat with him while I'm there. It's not doing anything complicated, only controlling a set of bollards and the only one they have.

It does go crazy when stuff gets discontinued.