AD PLC communication question

BoxerBrats

OK working on a project
The customer has a exsisting AD 250 PLC we are adding a AD 450 PLC wich is networked through a router and controlled by a EZ Touch screen.

My question is how do I address my logic to each PLC.

The 450 PLC is node 2
The 250 PLC is node 1

When the customer start up production that equipment is controlled through the 250 PLC. I need for it let the 450 PLC know we are up and running and go ahead and start your equipment.

Thanks for any help, hopefully I explained ok

1. Make sure that each ECOM on the PLCs has a "Module ID" set as well as an IP. This may already have been done using NETEdit.

2. In the DL250, set aside 1 word. On PLC "first scan" set this word to zero. When the process controlled by the DL250 is ready set this location to something other than zero. If, sometime later, the DL250 controlled process demands that the DL450 controlled process stop, change the word back to a zero.

3. The DL450, after power-up will begin asking for this word from the DL250 using a "Read". It may be possible, as seen from the 450 that the 250 won't be ready to even respond. Check for possible communication errors.

4. Once good communication is established (no errors) the DL450 is allowed to begin its process once the "read" shows a non-zero value. The DL450 should continue to perform reads even as it is running the process, If, after starting, the read turns to zero or you start getting errors, begin the appropriate steps to shut down.

5. To lessen communication burden, have the DL450 request this information only as often as necessary. Also, using NETEdit3 follow the instructions given in another thread to link, in the DL450's ECOM, the Module ID given to the DL250 to its IP. In NedEdit3, while setting up the DL450's ECOM, in the table for the units, right click on the DL250's entry. The new table should allow you to link the DL250's module ID to its IP. This will make the requests by the DL450 IP specific instead of being broadcasts. You may as well do this same type thing when setting up the DL250's ECOM.

6. Status of the DL250 controlled process, other than just 'ready', could be communicated by using various non-zero numbers. Also the DL250 could possibly take into account the status of the DL450 controlled process using its own 'reads'. But this is for later development.