You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old August 9th, 2018, 03:09 PM   #1
marty911
United States

Wonderware Screen Export

Wondering if there is a way to take screen(s) within an application created in 10.6 and export the screen(s) and then import the source screens into a 10.5 application. Very basic InTouch application with limited functionality (standard scripting) nothing that I would say should be version specific but somewhere in the export the version of the screen must be specified because when I go to import into the 10.5 application I get a version error. Help is appreciated.
Old August 9th, 2018, 07:29 PM   #2
Bit_Bucket_07
United States

If you tried to import a window from the 10.6 application and it didn't work, then I don't know how to make it work. I'm not aware of a capability to downgrade the entire InTouch application. I've upgraded quite a few, but never downgraded.

If there's a way to do it, someone here will hopefully know about it. Otherwise, you'll just have to manually duplicate the window(s) that you want. You could probably pick the relevant tags out of a DB Dump and import them into the 10.5 application.

Best of luck!
Old August 9th, 2018, 11:06 PM   #3
gmferg
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Can only go forward, not back.
Old August 9th, 2018, 11:33 PM   #4
JaxGTO
United States

If you had Intouch running on two separate VMs you might be able to open the screen select all and copy then paste in the other machine.
Old August 10th, 2018, 05:05 AM   #5
Rpgunnoe
United States

marty911,

I have done this. First make a back up of your project in case the windows get corrupted. Right clicking on the screen and choose select all. Then use pull down menu Arrange, and select Make Cell. Now use the pull down Special menu and select SmartSymbol, Generate SmartSymbol will be a sub-selection, click it and the SmartSymbol - Managemet Mode tool box will pop up. Your screen will be listed on the right as something like NewSymbol1. Give it a name you will recognize. This can be exported. Then import into to a lower version of InTouch with Special menu, SmartSymbol, Manage SmartSympol, File , Import) and paste to an empty window of the same size as the original. When pasted into the older version of InTouch simply us the Arrange menu and select Break Cell.

Note that some numeric display and numeric entry objects have to be tweaked for range of min and max values.
Old August 10th, 2018, 05:19 AM   #6
Rpgunnoe
United States

marty911,

I have done this. First make a back up of your project in case the windows get corrupted. Right clicking on the screen and choose select all. Then use pull down menu Arrange, and select Make Cell. Now use the pull down Special menu and select SmartSymbol, Generate SmartSymbol will be a sub-selection, click it and the SmartSymbol - Managemet Mode tool box will pop up. Your screen will be listed on the right as something like NewSymbol1. Give it a name you will recognize. This can be exported. Then import into to a lower version of InTouch with Special menu, SmartSymbol, Manage SmartSympol, File , Import) and paste to an empty window of the same size as the original. When pasted into the older version of InTouch simply us the Arrange menu and select Break Cell.

Note that some numeric display and numeric entry objects have to be tweaked for range of min and max values.
Old August 10th, 2018, 07:49 AM   #7
passwordg
United States

I have used copy paste before using VNC and two computers.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum