virtual communication

I have a problem with the communication virtual between S7300 CPU3152DP and opc
How is port communication done?
I want a virtual communication and I have not found any information

Last edited:
As your plc has only MPI and Profibus on board, you'll need a proper MPI or Profibus adapter inside the pc where the OPC server is running.
If you want to use Ethernet in your pc, you need either a Siemens Ethernet CP, or a MPI to Ethernet converter like Netlink. For the first solution you need to make changes to the S7 project (Step 7 and ghe offline project required), for the second solution you don't need to make any changes to the plc program.

I don't know what you mean with 'virtual'. Do you want to test the communication without the real hardware?

I don't have the hardware available to make such description. Also you still haven't written what type of MPI or Profibus adapter you want to use. Also we need to know the type of OPC server, as there are also non-Siemens OPC server which can talk to a S7.

With a virtual ( I gues you mean with Plcsim) CPU you can 't simulate MPI or Profibus, only Ethernet would be an option.

Please do read what Mr. Thomas wrote..

With a virtual ( I gues you mean with Plcsim) CPU you can 't simulate MPI or Profibus, only Ethernet would be an option.

Since you are simulating, you could add a ethernet module to your PLC and use that for simulation.