Protected Blocks SFC14, SFC15 SIMATIC manager

Lil Saleh

Hello
I am trying to open SFC14 and SFC15 but these blocks are protected.
I tried to unprotect them using Microsoft Access but when I opened DBF files this message appeared " unrecognized databse format ".
And I used s7canopener and they still protected.

Can anyone help me?

Hi,

You shouldn't need to open protected system function blocks at all. There is something called encapsulation in software development. The end user (YOU) should only need to read an example/documentation of an implementation to get it working.

Those SFC are fairly simple. When you drag and drop, just click F1 and you can read the documentation, and error codes.

As far as I know, the SFCs and SFBs are actually stored in the PLC as part of the FW, and all Step 7 knows is the interface (inputs, outputs, size, etc) of the block. I don't think the actual block contents exist, because they aren't LAD or STL, they are system calls.