RSLinx (Classic Lite) Ethernet/IP driver vs "Ethernet devices" driver

unsaint32

Under the "Ethernet devices" driver from RSLinx, I see all my remote devices when my laptop's wifi is enabled.

Under the Ethernet/IP driver, I only see my local devices. Why is that?

Your Ethernet I/P driver is ether configured to query devices on "windows default" adapter or it specifically looking at your "LAN" ethernet adapter.

Right click on your Ethernet I/P driver and select Configure Driver. Here you will see which adapter it is using for the driver. Pointing it to the correct driver rather than "windows default" always works the best for me. I add 2 Ethernet I/P drivers and name them "Wired" and "Wireless". Then I point them to the correct adapter.

Right click on your Ethernet I/P driver and select Configure Driver. Here you will see which adapter it is using for the driver. Pointing it to the correct driver rather than "windows default" always works the best for me. I add 2 Ethernet I/P drivers and name them "Wired" and "Wireless". Then I point them to the correct adapter.

I see. Yes the IP driver had the Windows Default selected. Now, I want to try finding all devices connected through my laptop's wireless card. So, I am going to choose the wireless card in the Ethernet/IP settings, then select the Browse Remote Subnet. Then what address do I type in for the IP address of the router and subnet? You can see my IP addresses in the picture.

For the subnet I used 255.255.252.0. For the IP address I tried both 10.192.128.176 and 10.192.131.254. Neither is working. Could that be because I chose "Obtain IP address automatically" in the wireless card adaptor properties?

rslinx_remote.jpg