Can't see Panelview Plus 1000 via Controlnet

johnlam

Hi All

I have abit of problem communicating with the Panelview Plus 1000. Would anyone to give me a hand please?

Setup:

Local Rack: CLX L55 v15, EtherNet/IP and CNB/E v11.2(node 1)
Remote Rack: CNB/E v11.2(node 2)
Panelview plus 1000 with 2711P-RN15S: which connected to both rack via the same controlnet. (node ?, no switches to set)
PC: connected to the EtherNet/IP

When I open RSLinx Classic v2.5 via ethernet, I can see all the modules on the local rack, and via controlnet, alo see all modules on remote rack, but I see no Panelview. Same applies when I use RSLinx Enterprise v4.00. However, If I hook panelview on ethernet, I can see it on both RSLinx Classic and RSLinx Enterprise. Moreover, on the network communicaton setup on panelview, I can only setup ethernet IP, but no controlnet for me to setup. Even RSNetworx for Controlnet dont' see the panelview.

In additoin, the PLC software loaded did not include panelview in the module tree (I thought I dont need scheduling on panelview, cause it's not critical)

Does anybody know what i need to do so I can see the panelview?

Moreover:
1) Do I HAVE to add panelview on RSLogix 5000 on the module tree?
2) Target Tab on RSViewME, the latest version of CNB is the CNB/D, but no E, can i assume CNB/E as CNB/D and choose the D version?

Many Many Thanks

John Lam

You only need to configure the PV+ terminal in the RSLogix 5000 I/O tree if you are planning to use a Scheduled I/O connection. Most tag access from the PV+ to the Logix controller happens via unscheduled messaging.

The 2711P-RN15S module is an interface for RSLinx Enterprise on the PV+ terminal, so its node number is configured in RSLinx Enterprise. You need to load an RSLinx Enterprise configuration that includes a -RN15S driver.

It's a little complicated, mostly because of the virtual backplane object. There are a handful of Knowledgebase articles about it, particularly Answer ID # 30432.

Hi Ken

The Answer ID you gave me is very useful and I will try this on site tomorrow.
One more question I would like to know, and that is, prior any configuration, is it normal for RSLinx not able to see the Panelview Plus via Controlnet? (whereas RSLinx can see it via Ethernet)

Thanks!!!!

John

RSLinx Enterprise is running onboard the PanelView Plus terminal, and that's what the RSLinx Enterprise on your PC "sees".

Since you have defined an IP address in the Terminal Configuration and the RSLinx EtherNet/IP driver is installed and enabled by default, then the terminal can easily and by default be "seen" in an RSLinx browse.

Until you have an RSLinx Enterprise ControlNet driver installed and configured, the 2711P-RN15S ControlNet interface isn't running and therefore cannot be browsed on the network.