RIO 1771 rack to SLC

Jezz

Hi,
I've just started to fit a Rio Scanner to an SLC to comunicate to a RIO Adapto in an PLC2 rack I've removed the PLC2 processor and fitted the Adaptor the problem I'm getting is the fault light blinks on the adapto meaning it's in the wrong slot (it's in the first slot where the processor went) any Ideas???????????

Jezz

Check your 1771 ASB manual troubleshooting chart to find out what the blinking light means. Most of the time the problem is with the dip switch settings on either the ASB or the chassis. I think the chassis switch settings are different when you are using an ASB instead of a processor. After you have verified that the switch settings are correct then dive into the SLC and see whats going on in there.

Similar Topics

Hi all, I am in the process of updating a PLC-5 processor to a ControlLogix L72 processor. The ControlLogix processor will communicate with 4...
Replies
Views
Right here's the situation we have an old PLC2 which we (the techs) want rid of how ever the Boss is not keen on giving us the cash to rip it out...
Replies
Views
I have a 1756-L81e v32 using a DHRIO v7.001 in RIO scanner Driving (7) 1771 ASB Modules @ 115k baud. The Racks RPI are set at 48msecs. This system...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, Long time user of the site but this is my first time posting. I have a 1756-A4 rack with a Logix5562 in slot 0, 1756 ENBT/A in...
Replies
Views
Hi,I'm trying to migrate only CPU from PLC-5 to CLX and I/O modules are still PLC-5 series. I think, the migration works is almost done but I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom