GE Fanuc Ethernet Remote IO Question

jimbo3123

Does anyone here have experience with Ethernet Remote IO with GE Fanuc PLCs?

Specifically, I'm trying to set up a PAC Systems PLC with VersaMax remote racks over ethernet. The remote racks have IC200EBI001 ethernet modules.

I have a test setup here, and it's communicating. However, the fault light on the VersaMax is lit, and I can't figure out what I have to do to make it go out.

There are a lot of things to configure under produced and consumed exchanges to make the ethernet communications work. I think I have it set up right (data does transfer to/from the remote rack).

If someone has a working program with similar comms, I'd like to check it out to verify my settings.

Did you remember to add the 2 bytes for status that the VersaMax EGD I/Q needs?
I am willing to look at your configuration and see if I can spot the problem.
rbartels at glasupply dot com

RussB said:
Did you remember to add the 2 bytes for status that the VersaMax EGD I/Q needs?
I am willing to look at your configuration and see if I can spot the problem.
rbartels at glasupply dot com

Thanks, I think I got it though.

I had the bytes there, and I was able to translate them into error codes and clear the faults. I tracked the problem down to an analog output card. I hadn't set up any configuration data to it, so I just removed the card for the time being, and my fault cleared. I'll look into the proper configuration words and hopefully get that set up later.