Omron CPM2A question...

Greetings,

This is my first post to the group. Good to see it here.

I just started a new job that uses Omron PLCs which I am not familiar with. I haven't had any training, but have managed so far. However, I'm having a problem getting a handle on a couple of things.

The foremost is/are the, for a lack of a better word, internal clock flags (i.e. 254.00 - 1 Minute Clock Bit, 255.00 - 0.1 Clock bit...etc.) Where can I get information about these bits?

Immediately, I'm consolidating a couple of programs into one and I'm trying to understand the programming. With these bits, specifically 254.00 the 1 minute pulse, are these true for 1 minute, false for one minute, or what? I'm getting confused with the way they are used in the program and would appreciate some assistance.

Thanks,

Ralph

CPM1A/CPM2A/CPM2C/SRM1 Programming Manual @ omron.com

With these bits, specifically 254.00 the 1 minute pulse, are these true for 1 minute, false for one minute, or what? I'm getting confused with the way they are used in the program and would appreciate some assistance.

All the Omron clock bits are 50% duty cycle. For instance, 254.00 (1 minute clock) is on for thirty seconds and off for thirty seconds. 255.02 (1 second clock) is on for 0.5 seconds and off for 0.5seconds.

Thanks a bunch. I got the link to the programming manual.

I did a search for the bits in question, but couldn't find them. Do they have a specific name? What are they called that I might be able to find them.

I've had over 15 years of PLC programming experience (10 of AB's back when the PLC5 and the PLC3 were the cat's meow...) but I haven't had any real experience with the Omrons. I've read parts of a programming manual and can generally keep up, but I'm trying to dig even deeper.

Thanks,

Ralph