panelview 600 and panelbuilder 32

I'm having a little trouble (never used panelbuilder before). We have a panelview 600 that I'm trying to download the files from so that I can transfer them to a new panelview 600. However I can't seem to get panelbuilder to connect. I've tried DF-1, Modbus, RS232, nothing seems to work, and we don't have a manual on panelbuilder32... Can someone out there help... thnx Mike L.

did you set the pv into file transfer mode - its been some time since i have used a 600 , but i seem to recall that it is necessary to either press both Left and right arrow keys together

If you're downloading serially, you need to use a pin-pin cable. Connect this to the serial port and use Autoconfigure in RSLinx.
Then File->download and select this driver from the 'transfer type' dropdown box.

pp

I tried RSlinx and it didn't even see it. I'm thinking there may be a problem with the comm port on the computer I'm using. It won't allow me to use comm 1 for some reason. Also I didn't notice a file transfer mode setting on the panel, but I'll check again...

You can get the manual at AB:
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/2711-um014_-en-p.pdf

What model PV600 do you have? When you open PB32 you have to select the correct model. 2711-K6C16 PV600 Color Key, FRN 4.10-4.xx, this is a DF1 model.

IF its not a DF1 model then you will probably need an adapter to connect but since you say you have physically connected I will "assume" it is a DF1 model.

Forget about RSLinx at this time, close it or at least stop it from running if it is a PIC driver, the PIC hogs the com port. With DF1 PB32 has a utility for uploading etc.

You will need cable 2711-NC13, I will show a picture of it at the end.

Open PB32, select correct model, give it an application name, click OK. PB32 will now be ready to work with, goto FILE in the top left corner of PB32 and click on it, scroll down to Upload and click on that. A window will open allowing you to setup where the file goes, what name it has and communication setup....HERE is the DEAL, you must set this for Com1 or Com2 to match the com port on your PC, the baud rate etc MUST match too or it can be a problem.

If your PC serial port is built in then it will be either com1 or com2 and can be seen in windows control panel>system>Device Manager>Ports, see if it shows as Com1 or Com2, while there verify the baud rate etc and match it and the PB32 setup.

Once you know all the settings match, have the correct model, correct cable then click OK for the Upload.

Another window should open showing transfer status.
Here is the cable pinout:

2711nc13.jpg

Yes it is a DF-1 model. It has both a modbus and RS-232 connection port. Oh and thanks for the manual, according to it I need to setup communication under the printer settings... I just got back to work so I'll give that a try...

Oh and I do have the correct cable, at least that's what the sticker says...

Pv600

Hi Guys

I am having some trouble with PV 600. Using RS232 I was able to communicate with the screen using RSLinx Classic, and using auto-configure I could see the PV600 on the list. Hence it communicates!

However when I go and use FactoryTalk View Studio and manually add the device, it just doesn't communicate.

Under RSLinx Enterprise, PC202(My pc name)

I added a new driver, with serial DF1 option. Now I autoconfigured this driver once again and it was successful. However instead of coming up with PV600, it now displays a device called

"1, PanelView-MKE, PanelView Operator Interface (M)

When I go and transfer file from this terminal it fails.

Then under DF1 I added the PV Screen 600 again, manually. Still no go..

Any idea?

Warning

I'm having a little trouble (never used panelbuilder before). We have a panelview 600 that I'm trying to download the files from so that I .....

To transfer the application from the PanelView to the PC = Upload.

To transfer the application to the PanelView from the PC = Download.

Don't want you overwriting the application in the PanelView by choosing the wrong transfer direction.

Allenz hope this helps. we were having a similar problem and found this to work for us.
Navigate to location of RSLinx and select RSLinx Launch Control Panel
Select Stop
Uncheck Always Run as service

Navigate to and Launch RSLinx
Select Communications
Select Configure Drivers
Set all other Com1 Driver to startup manually then stop them

Select 1747-PIC / AIC+Driver
Select Add New
Select OK
OK
Once the programming is done you will need to remove this driver because it takes complete control of com1 and will not allow any other com driver to start
Once this has been removed set other com1 drivers back to your preferred settings.