SLC500, DeltaV and Intellution

vtfan

Looking for some suggestions.

I have a client who currently uses an SLC500 5/04 network and Intellution Fix32.

The facility is going through an upgrade and most of the control functions are moving to DeltaV. However, some of the old equipment is to remain on the SLC500 platform.

We are going to use the DeltaV application Server and RSLinx to create an OPC connection to the SLC500 network for DelatV.

I have not used DeltaV, however I know that it uses an iFix 2.6 front end. I have converted my screens from Fix32 to iFix 2.6. The contractor on site is tying up the DeltaV development key.

Question 1: Can I use my iFix 2.6 development system to make screen changes, then save the changed screen file to the appropriate DeltaV screen folder.

I'm concerned about the Application Server and the SLC500 network integration. Anyone used this software, any pitfalls to be concerned with.

Thanks,

Pat