Compactlogix L32E series B

MikeUK

Has anyone come across problems with RSlinx not recognising L32E series B processors?

I have been trying to get this one to pop up for hours. It has the correct EDS file the latest version of RSlinx but all I get is the yellow question mark of frustration! Everything has been uninstalled and reinstalled. The L32E was flashed to version 17.1 firmware weeks ago.

The plc shows up without a problem in factory talk and communicates happily but RSLinx aaahhhhh!

I hope to see what happens with a L32E series A tomorrow but if anyone has any ideas it would be good to try and get this thing running or showing up correctly on Rslinx.

Thanks.

Hi Mike,

What version of Windows and RSLinx are you trying to use? I had symptoms similar to yours a while back when I was upgraded to Win 7 and then installed a new version of RSLinx. I'm now on ver 3.51 which is fine. I believe the EDS database format changed so although you may think you have the correct EDS files installed they may not work with the new database.

When there may be software and firmware revision compatibility issues (which you are hinting at strongly with your emphasis on Series A and Series B controllers), please use hard numbers instead of inexact adjectives. Even if it's true that you are using the "latest" version of RSLinx Classic (as of December 14, 2013 that is version 3.60), your post is unusably imprecise without access to a dated release history document or additional off-site research.

RSLinx Classic identity errors are generally related to the EDS registration process. If you're willing to investigate that using revision numbers and actual troubleshooting steps, we could try that path.

CompactLogix 1769-L32E and -L35E controllers, in particular, require three separate EDS files. One for the Ethernet daughtercard, one for the backplane, and one for the CPU itself.

Some users have experienced RSLinx Classic browse malfunctions after installing Studio 5000 v21 on a computer that also has RSNetworx v20 or earlier software. If that matches your situation, try upgrading RSNetworx software.