MicroLogix 1000's and WiFi

Discal

First off, I know nothing of Wi-Fi protocols as it relates to Automation. Sad to say I have never worked anywhere that it was in use. So I come to you with (almost) complete ignorance on this subject.

I was approached today by my manager, he says that the plant manager has suddenly decided that he wants to have about a dozen machines hooked up via Wi-Fi so that they can monitor run time. That is all well and good except... All of these machines have MicroLogix 1000's in them.

I know that I can install 1100's, I could also install a stand alone Arduino system. The list goes on and on I am sure.

What I was wondering, is there anything on the market that would be a simple; more or less, plug and play. I just need a single signal; on or off, that I can transmit wirelessly.

If you have read down this far, thank you for taking the time to review my problem.

Could also look into the advantech WISE line.. I haven't used those but I keep seeing them and have been intrigued.

Data-Linc Group had a device called the Net620 which was basically an EtherNet/IP to DF1 bridge. You could put one at every MicroLogix1000 and access them via EtherNet/IP. However it's not on their web site but the site is new and it's possible that they accidentally left it off. I'd reach out (http://data-linc.com/contact-us/) and see if they still have it. It's very simple to us and works well.