Keepware OPC to MOXA NPort 5210A

Kasperv79

Hej Guys.
Is anyone that has knowledge about setting up communication via ethernet from Keepware OPC server to MOXA NPORT?

the keepserver keep writting Socket error? I can Ping the IP in the NPORT.. ?

MOXA supprt is no help.

/Kasper.

So that's a Serial to Ethernet device right?

The basic way you'd use this to talk to a field device would be to connect directly from the Moxa to the Field Device and then map a software COM port using the Moxa software on the PC you're using to attempt communications with.
Then, use whatever software program(Kepware, programming software, Hyperterminal, etc etc) and point it at that software com port.

However, the first thing I would do is take my laptop with a physical com port to where the Moxa is and use THAT cable directly to verify my communication works to the field device. Only then would I hook it to the moxa, configure, and try troubleshooting.