PLC 5000 trend problems

hmaree

We currently have Allenbradley PLC500 running in our factory. For some reason one PLC processor doesn't allow me to run trends. It keeps on saying "Warning: Data sample(s) discarded - Duplicate timestamps." Can anybody please help me with this problem.

Well, if you are talking one of the Control or CompactLogic processors, I believe that error relates to the wallclock time changing backwards during trending.
Might see if you have any SSV or PTP things mucking w/ the time.

Hi Dravik. Found these GSV/SSV logic and need to know if it's the requirement of the program to have them running or could it be disabled?

Well, i can't quite read that image. But I would check to see why it appears you are writing to the wall clock every scan?
I can't think of a good reason to be doing that, but I didn't write that program!

Hi Dravik. You are correct, it is writing it to the WALLCLOCKTIME. Also not sure what the reason is behind it.

Usually the SSV writes the WALLCLOCK once a minute, once an hour, or once a day. It is not necessary to continuously write to it. Until there is something that conditions when the SSV writes to the WALLCLOCK, the Trend won't be able to run.

OG