iFix 5.5 initial setup

minerman

Hello,

I am having trouble figuring out the proper Node Type and Connectivity setup for my system. I cannot find any GE documentation that elaborates on this.

I have two computers that I want to operate independently, with their own data. I want them to be on the same network exchanging data with one Siemens PLC.

For Node Type:

Should I select SCADA or View? I want each computer to act as its own SCADA system with the ability to view its own screens. I'm guessing SCADA is the correct choice, rather than "View"?

For Connectivity:

I want each computer to be on my network talking to the Siemens PLC. But, I want them to act alone and not draw data from another SCADA. I am guessing I choose "Stand Alone" rather than "Networked"?

Can someone confirm this?

Thanks.

IF U want it to be stand alone then U should select 'SCADA' as the node for both systems.

In Client-SERVER Architecture of iFix, Client node should be 'View' and Server node should be 'SCADA'. But looking at your explanation its sure that, your are not looking for Client-SERVER Architecture in iFix.

But on Licensing part of iFix, if your have the client license, then you can't use it as a Stand alone system. If you can tell me what are the iFix License U are having then I can explain it better.

Last edited: