B&R function in ST doesnt return Structure or array

xtheking

Hi all

I am currently working with an B&R controller using structured text. I have some code, that has previously worked with CODESYS, but when I use exactly the same code in B&R, it gives me this error "Function '....' returns array, string or structure" (Error code 1210). It seems to me that Function in B&R can only return basic data type. But when I read the Help document of Automation Studio, it says that "The function supports return values of the basic types, data types derived from the basic types, enumerations, structures, arrays and string types" . This confuses me.
Do you have any ideas how I could work around this problem?
Thanks

Can you post the code? I can see if I can recreate it in my Automation Studio.

You may need to change the function to output to a reference or pointer.

Hi Seth, thank you for replying.

The following is an example from B&R documentation

(.typ file)
TYPE
McPointType : STRUCT
X : LREAL;
Y : LREAL;
Z : LREAL;
END_STRUCT;
END_TYPE

(.fun file)
FUNCTION P : McPointType
VAR_INPUT
X : LREAL;
Y : LREAL;
Z : LREAL;
END_VAR
END_FUNCTION

(.st file)
FUNCTION P
P.X := X;
P.Y := Y;
P.Z := Z;
END_FUNCTION

btw this function should be in a library, so I can reuse it.