Experience with X20 system from B&R

I would also like some feedback on the B & R Automation products.

Seems like this product is very well designed and versatile but there are no active discussion Forums on the web. At least none that I can find. This private company has seen phenomal growth over the last few years so must be doing something right!!

Come on B & R users, let us in on the secret.

I have just signed our company up as a B&R service partner in New Zealand.
This is very good quality equipment at competative pricing and the software is very good.
I rate it well above siemens and Rockwell.
Software is comparable to Unity but at much better price.
Their major segment is OEM machine manufacturers.
The PLCs are far superior to most other brands with a good range of interface modules, certinly not as many as Siemens.
They manufacture traditional looking PLCs (Rack etc) but you can also have your PLC in the MMI or Servo drive.

Dellae McKenzie
Senior Automation Engineer
JLE Automation