Mitsubishi Q06 - Digging in the Buffer area

swedeleaner

Not really a fan of "The Red Diamond" but have a basic understanding of setting up a small system with Digital, Analog and Com.cards.

But spent half of the day trying to get a Q68DAIN (8 channel Analog Out Current) working properly. Or, working at all.

It didn´t matter if i used an old FB from Beijer Electronics or Intelligent Function Module settings.

The damn card didn´t send out current no matter how i tried. I tried to look in the predefined flags (XY Start Adress in I/O-Assignment). The ready flag switched on & off and everything seemed to be in order, but when looking in Y-area the channel weren´t active?

Anywho, can anyone explain the Buffer Memory in 1 minute?
The two Q68DAIN is placed in Slot 10 and 11, 16#A & 16#B.
When reading the manual, SH (NA)-080054-U many of the functions is explained in the buffer area.

The manual continues and uses Un/G0 and forward.. And how is this mapped when the card is placed in Slot 10? Or how is a card assigned to a specific area in the Buffer?

Useless junk, why can´t everyone just stop pretending and let Siemens take over...💀

If you use old GX IEC Developer there is a recommended configurator software to make analog card configuration easier, but it’s not free download.
It never hurts to state full versions of hardware and software.
And the details/name of the Beijer FB. Which I would give another go. If you write it all yourself I believe there is a little sequence to follow and not to forget to use the Activate Channel bit.
Did you do any hardware configuration, assuming gx iec, of all your cards or left that blank?

Last edited:
Info

If you use old GX IEC Developer there is a recommended configurator software to make analog card configuration easier, but it’s not free download.
It never hurts to state full versions of hardware and software.
And the details/name of the Beijer FB. Which I would give another go. If you write it all yourself I believe there is a little sequence to follow and not to forget to use the Activate Channel bit.
Did you do any hardware configuration, assuming gx iec, of all your cards or left that blank?

Ohh, so sorry.
I´m using GX Works 2, version 1.68U I (I think, we keep our softwares up to date, should be the latest anyhow). Earlier versions have used the Beijer FB:s and have worked just fine. Looked through two older projects which use Q-CPU & Q68DAIN. I will check the versions of Beijer FB:s tomorrow, but I believe that they are the latest available for GX IEC, straight import.

GX Works 2 have the "Intelligent Module" built in, I looked into GX Configurator DA, but that is for GX Developer and GX IEC Dev as I understand? It´s not mandatory to use it, but as I said, neither of the methods gave any actual current output.

I need to check hardware revisions, but it´s brand new out of the box so should be the latest rersions. All hardware that is.

My hardware config should be correct, my DI, DO and AI-cards is all working as they should. Using Beijer FB:s for AI cards as well.
I get Module Error when changing slot´s / remove cards and all intelligent cards is in "RUN".

Do you have any knowledge in buffer area adressing? Kinda running out of options, testing the card in another CPU would be interesting.

I’ve used the Beijer FB in Gxw2 and written my own but it was for AI, and too long ago, but you say that AI works anyway. So I have no quick answer. But if you copied from an older project then either hardware, wiring or some configuration is wrong. Do you use the same kind of addresses as in the old one? There are also some memory settings in the projects.
I can’t explain buffer memory because I don’t fully understand it.

Found the error at last...

The wiring were not correct, the amplifier were missing supple voltage.
Interesting, not a single warning about this in any of the statuses or diagnostics.