Factory Talk Data Logging

Engrlife

I am trying to get the data log files from factory talk view studio site edition to a format that is useful to look at. They are being exported to a .dat file (storage format "File Set") from what I can see. Is there a way to import all of these files nicely into excel or something that is readable?

That works well if you don't need to look at them frequently.

If you find access will be often, I would setup the datalog to export to a database as well.

A better solution is to log them to SQL Server. Then using Excel to read the values is a lot easier.

It is important to understand that the File Set format is intended for use with trends. That's it. It is not intended for any other purpose. If you want to see that data in something else, like Excel, then you should use the ODBC format and log to a database. As mentioned, once it is in a database then you can view it in the database or in Excel.

OG

It is important to understand that the File Set format is intended for use with trends. That's it. It is not intended for any other purpose. If you want to see that data in something else, like Excel, then you should use the ODBC format and log to a database. As mentioned, once it is in a database then you can view it in the database or in Excel.

OG

As OG stated, but I will leave you with this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a9DWblArH4