How to Backup and Restore Factory Talk view SE Project for Editing

Tim Ganz

I need to make a few simple chnages to a factory Talk View SE application. It's Version 5.10.

How can I backup and restore the application to my laptop so I can edit it?

Looking in Knowledge base 208024 it says

To backup a FactoryTalk View SE application, open the FactoryTalk Administration Console for the appropriate directory (Network or Local), right mouse-click the application to be backed up and select Backup.
To backup an HMI server, open the HMI Server Backup and Restore Utility From the Rockwell Software/FactoryTalk View/Tools folder on your Windows Start Menu. Click Backup HMI Server and specify the appropriate HMI server to be backed up and a folder in which to store the backup

But it's not clear on the restore? Do I need to do the first part nad backup the application or just the HMI server?

I have never done this and I have yet to find any clear directions on what needs to happen. I just need to change a couple of numeric displays and their text.

Hi Tim
I'm just wondering if you got the bottom of how to back up the FTV SE. Im also looking for some good clear instructions on how to back up FTV SE Network but I have the same problem you have.
Regards Ian

Hi Tim
I'm just wondering if you got the bottom of how to back up the FTV SE. Im also looking for some good clear instructions on how to back up FTV SE Network but I have the same problem you have.
Regards Ian