Numeric Input for FactoryTalk ME vs SE

adamruck2

Hi,

I'm working on converting an application from FactoryTalk ME to SE, and I noticed that there is a BIG difference in the options available depending on what platform you are on.

On ME you can create a create a "Numeric Input Enable" or a "Numeric Input Curser Point" object. With this version of the numeric input you are allowed to setup optional expressions. For example could you setup the expression to multiple the input by 100 and then set the tag to that value.

On SE you can only create "Nemeric Input" objects, and it has many less options available. Not only can you not specify an optional expression but you cant choose to have an implicit decimal point. So for example if the tag on the PLC has a value of 314 you could setup the ME version to have 2 implicit digits after the decimal and display 3.14 on the screen. On SE that option doesn't exist at all.

If I want to have an input on the screen and SE will only allow me to display the tag value as it with no manipulation that makes converting from ME to SE a royal pain in the ***. Does anyone know why these feature were removed in SE and know of any easy workarounds?

FTView SE is pretty much garbage.
Okay, that is out of the way.... sooooo....
Step 1: Download the "Numeric Input Control for RSView32". I don't know where to find it anymore, but it should be on Rockwell's website, if you can slog through that mess.

Step 2: Perform your scaling in the Tag Database.