Safety Lock Status in Safety Program

Kalagaraz

Does anyone know of a way to get the safety locked status bit in the safety side of PLC without using a standard to safety mapping? Can't use GSV in safety logic.

The reason I'm wanting this is our safety requirements for fanuc robots requires a safety signature to match. When they change a motor, fanuc signature changes and I have to unlock safety PLC, delete safety signature, update fanuc signature, and resign and relock PLC. Resigning the safety PLC requires a lot of paper work and signatures...

Fanuc supports another way of configuration verification by using a configuration changed latch bit and a configuration reset bit. If I could get the safety PLC lock status in safety logic then I could do a toggle bit from standard PLC to safety and do like:

If safety is unlocked, and toggle bit toggled, send configuration reset to fanuc robot.

That way it still requires me to enter my safety password and not just anyone could toggle bit and reset the safety configuration verification.

Thanks if anyone knows how to do this!