Addressing SLC IO from an CLX

ian.smith7

Hi All
I am converting an SLC program to run on a CLX platform addressing the SLC IO through an 1747-AENTR.
I have a rung Sending Config Data to 1746-NR4. The Original INT Config Data is now in DINT form But the IO register is still an INT.
I am Tempted to use a MOV instruction to send the DATA From the N7[0]DINT to the 5:O.Channel_0_Config tag created by the Migrator tool.
I think this will convert the Config Data from DINT to INT on the fly. Is that Correct? is there a chance of any excess data bits corrupting adjacent memory locations?
Is there a standard method for this I have not found Yet?
Cheers
Ian

Similar Topics

How would the addressing work? I'm a little lost.. I have a 504 13slot, I am going to remove the processor and replace it with a 1746-asb and I...
Replies
Views
We are updating A few older Aveva Wonderware InTouch applications from a SLC PLC to a new ControlLogix PLC. What is the best way to deal with the...
Replies
Views
I recently did a conversion from an SLC to a CompactLogix and I am having trouble with a specific piece of code where the SLC used indirect...
Replies
Views
I would appreciate some help understanding some code from the RSLogix 500 days. I'm trying to convert a Studio and I get a PCE for the following...
Replies
Views
I am migrating an Allen-Bradley SLC based system to ControlLogix and need some help with DeviceNet addressing. The SLC system has a 1747-SDN and I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom