compare ab and siemens

bhavik

hi, i m doing my final yr. project on s7-200(212).
i m asked to compare ab,siemens and messung(indian make) micro plc's .
can anybody guide me on what bases i should compare them???

Bit general but, perhaps try comparing on CPU processing power, memory, allowable expandability, maybe Programming software.

it's certainly a general one, it couldn't do any harm to get "Specification" sheets for the mentioned makes of PLC. and compare on that basis. then perhaps go into detail on for example Why memory and processing power are important and expandability.

best of luck,

You have specified S7-200 from Siemens.

For AB you should compare with a similar type, that would be a Micrologix. Unfortunately MicroLogix is split up in three series, ML1000, ML1200 and ML1500. These three series doesnt have much in common when it comes to hardware. The programming is common though with RSLogix 500. How to compare 1 Siemens with 3 AB I dont know.

Also dont know about messung PLC.

I would make some sample projects, and see how they compare on each PLC.
Ease of programming.
How much program memory is utilised (in %).
Scan time.

Also compare the functionality of each PLC series.
Instruction set.
Communication capabilities.
IO range.

addition

to the above I may add, that you could also discuss the protocols,drivers,expandability in terms of I/O, basic configurations etc.

If i am not wrong with the siemens s7 series you have 3 types of IEC languages possible( STX, FBD and ladder) whereas in Allen bradley its RS 500 which supports only ladder logic programming.

Micrologix 1500 supports floating point. Check if that is the case of the other PLCs too.

Market share in your local area, cost and support availablity could be some of the additional topics you may want to research to add support to what you are trying to convey.

Last edited:
thanx

thanx to all,
i haven't work on AB as yet.
which hardware of ML is suits more whith S7-200?

"which hardware of ML is suits more whith S7-200?"

There are versions of S7-200 that are not expandable. These would be comparable with ML1000.

The other versions of S7-200 that are expandable, are comparable with both ML1200 and ML1500.

Go to Rockwells Micrologix page and check the specifications yourself.