GE Fanuc 90-30 cpu 351

nmk

The PLC has a program in it that possibly programmed using LOGIC master, which I do not have. Prior purchasing "Proficy ME 8.5" I talked to GE tech support and the vendor, and they said I should be able download and upload the plc program easily. I can connect the CPU and upload the program into new project, but when I validate the uploaded project verses what in the processor, I get not equal. after the program upload, the software indicate that some areas in the program will not be transfer like %T. Prior the GE free technical support ended after purchasing the software, I remember one tech. told me to download what I uploaded to make them equal, I was afraid the consequence CPU does not run the same due to incompatible instruction set or other functions between logic master and Proficy ME. I am putting as much information as I think might be relevant to my question. what to do to making them equal?

Your memory of what the technician told you is correct. You will not be able to get to a "Logic Equal" state until you download from Proficy Machine Edition to the PLC.

The key point is to make sure that the result of the validation is good. It's OK to get warnings, but if validation results in any errors you will need to correct the errors before you can send the program to the PLC.