Log sorting

AZBZ

Greetings all,
Can someone give me an idea how log singulators can be programmed in 1766-L32BWAA micrologix controllers?

Sorting or singulating? There is a difference. In the US and Canada the logs aren't normally sorted according to diameter whereas in Europe the longs are scanned and sized to 20 mm groups. In AU they do a combination of both depending on the mill.

The advantage of sorting the logs by diameter is that the saws will not need to move much between the logs. Often times the saws and chipper don't need to move at all. This reduces the need for fancy hydraulic servo controls.

Singulating is more of sequencing problem but it isn't difficult.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDmUir8edRY
The video doesn't make it clear where the photo cells are.

Thanks for the prompt reply.
Sorting is the overall objective but I am trying to program the initial step,singulating.I have one singulator,with one output valve.I thought about using a sequencer (SEQ)instruction with a timer from 1766-L32BWAA but I have only one output valve to control.any idea?