What version of RSLinx and RSLogix 500 for Micrologix 1100

Lyle

I've got RSLinx version 2.42.00(build 18) and RSLogix 500 vesion 6.30.00(CPR 6) and i am unable to get comms with the micrologix 1100.Have i got the correct versions of the above mentioned software? What prgram would i use to change the ethernet address of the device?

You've got the right programmes, but the wrong versions. You need at least Ver 7.00 Logix500 and 2.50 for Linx (2.51 is better as it supports the latest ML1100 firmware).

When obtained, you can then either connect serially with the ML1100 and then change the IP, or use the BootP utility...

Hope this helps.

I'm not positive either, but i'm using Ver 7.00 and it seems to talk ok with a ML1100 (Ser B). Linx was the one i needed to update to Ver 2.51...

Rob :)

Kidblue said:
I'm not positive either, but i'm using Ver 7.00 and it seems to talk ok with a ML1100 (Ser B).

OK that's good to know, we don't have any Series B in here yet but somebody told me I'd have to upgrade RSLogix... if you're using 7.0 successfully then I guess I'll just need to upgrade my Linx.

Slightly off subject, but does anyone know if the firmware update utility for the ML1100's is now functioning? I tried it on several laptops but with no success (refused to communicate with its built in serial driver).

Just curious, i have an older unit on the bench that is working perfectly fine other than the (known) issue with browsing it with IE7 (it's been put right in the later firmware).

Thank you.

(Kolyur, you seem to have spelt your Location wrongly!! Check mine for the correct spelling!!!) :ROFLMAO: ;) :D

I have been in the same boat as you. As Kidblue suggested, it is best to make a serial connection first and then set your ethernet settings. The cable to use for a serial connection (from the pc to the ml1100)is a 1761-cbl-pm02. Once the ethernet settings the way you want, you need a crossover cable is you want to directly from the pc to the ml1100 via the ethernet port (if you are not going through a switch).

I was able to connect to an ml1100 using an older version of rslynx. It would communicate with the ml1100, but could not identify it. all it showed was a big yellow question mark. I would bite the bullet and get the latest versions of rslynx and rslogix.