how to declare 1 second pulse in rslogix 5000?

I wanted to use slightly more portable code. DTR certainly does the job, but something like it isn’t always readily available elsewhere.

(ZOMBIE THREAD)
Simple solution, do NOT use timers to establish time intervals that require accuracy.

Use the GSV instruction, and you want WAlLCLOCKTIME (send it to an array of 7 DINTs). Take the 'Seconds' value (PLC_Time[5]), and pass it through a DTR instruction to an internal OTE.

Done. A one second period one shot based off of the system clock.

This will still be slightly off, as the system clock isn't perfect, but it's a whole lot closer then using a timer instruction.

BST GSV WALLCLOCKTIME   LocalDateTime PLC_Time[0] NXB DTR PLC_Time[5] 255 Sys_Old_Seconds OTE SYS_One_Second_OS BND 

Sorry to ressurect this old thread, but I'm having a hard time getting the DTR instruction to work. Any insight as to where I may have made a mistake? I copied your code suggested here but my OTE is not changing state. Thanks!

dtr.png

Sorry to ressurect this old thread, but I'm having a hard time getting the DTR instruction to work. Any insight as to where I may have made a mistake? I copied your code suggested here but my OTE is not changing state. Thanks!

Are you sure it is not changing state? That OTE will set that One_Second_Pulse for only one scan.

Try running that One_Second_Pulse into a CTU e.g.

Code:
... XIC One_Second_Pulse CTU Count_pulses 1000 0 ...
and see if that counter increments by 1 every second?

Are you sure it is not changing state? That OTE will set that One_Second_Pulse for only one scan.

Try running that One_Second_Pulse into a CTU e.g.

Code:
... XIC One_Second_Pulse CTU Count_pulses 1000 0 ...
and see if that counter increments by 1 every second?
Thanks for the reply. I'll give that a try!