Compactlogix reading SLC/Micrologix fault

I'll definitely give that a try tomorrow. In the help file, I didn't see a 4 so that's why I have a 2; ethernetIP port. When I did set up A1 and A2, they both are being used, A1 to a Flexy and was going to use A2 to communicate to the PLC's. Each with their own IP address.
Wasn't sure if I was missing something like down in the I/O Config tree or not but then everything I read says don't put anything there other than I/O cards.

On any prior-generation CompactLogix, the built-in Ethernet port would be CIP Port 2.

The 5069 are new and nifty.

Thanks for all the help. I changed the communications from 2, 'plc ip' to a 4,'ip' and it's working great. Added a 1,1 and set node octal up and that's working as well for my DH+ nodes.

Thanks for posting those error codes, and especially because you posted that RSLinx Browse at the beginning.

The problem is very likely the CIP Path.

The 5069 CompactLogix has a feature that other controllers have never had before; the ability to either use the two Ethernet plugs as one port or as two.

When you set it up so that they're one port, they get one IP address and you can use the DLR ring feature.

When you set it up so that they are two ports with different IP addresses, you can't use DLR but you can set the two Ethernet plus up for different IP addresses.

AND... the outgoing CIP Port number changes. In 1-port mode it's CIP Port 2. In 2-port mode, they are CIP Ports 3 and 4.

Try changing your CIP Path to "4, 192.168.0.40".

That was a gooder!

This is one of the reasons I subscribe to this forum! I may sometimes be re-learning stuff that I once knew .. but I often learn stuff that I have never heard of ..