FTV SE 10 - How do you track Interpret Area Errors?

The way you wrote it was ambiguous. "no events use bad tags" is one interpretation, hard to really determine what is at fault its gonna be a game of Bug Hunt. I'm on the PLC side of my organization, the HMI's are handled by a different group. I can make moderate changes to them but bigger things we leave to them.

If you can get it to a freshly loaded system, fire up the diagnostics viewer and start loading screens one at a time. When you see the first “cannot interpret”, you’ve narrowed it down. Unfortunately, to debug a single screen you have to get it back to a fresh system. I typically do this on an independent workstation, which is easier to get back to fresh.

I’ve had to copy half a screen, quarter screen on down to identify the faulty formed pointer.

Once I got our system clean, I started monitoring the diagnostic logs on the SQL server, which allows me to catch new issues when they first come up.

Removing (after backing them all up) all the old par files seems to have done the trick. We’ll see what happens later today when other get online.

Fun fact, you can right click on the Parameters object and then select all the files you want to remove. Found this about halfway through deleting them one at a time.