Ignition & RsLogix5000 AOI question

ohnedich6

I've got a question for those of you with Ignition experience:

I've been interested in Ignition for a few years now, have not had a chance to use it unfortunately, and was wondering about how RsLogix5000 AOI's local tags (strings in particular) work with Ignition. I know if you set a local tag to "Read/Write" in the AOI then in FTView ME/SE you can use said tag (even though it will not show up under the tag browser). Is this true with Ignition or is this local AOI tag feature only allowable on an FTView ME/SE system?

Thanks all.

-Nathan

ANYTHING should be able to access a Read/Write enabled Local AOI string tag. I've done it with Intouch / System Platform for example.

Strings can be tricky things for communication drivers to handle, however. They often aren't very good at interpreting the .LEN to trim the \$0\$0 blanks of the text within the string tag.