Opening RSLogix file restarts computer

donnie306

Hey guys, I am needing assistance with an issue. I have two different laptops where anytime you try to open a .acd file, the laptop will restart/reboot. Any ideas? Thanks

On both laptop? now thats some bad luck.... I have never heard of that

Can you post the file here and maybe someone will try it

I can open the file with no problems on a different laptop and even on the same laptop as a different user so I am thinking that this mechanic has something going on with an account setting or something?

Do you have any other files with different firmware levels you can try? If those work, then you have an issue with a specific firmware level. For that, you can try a repair of the installation of that version. It would also be helpful to know what version Logix/Studio you are using as well as the OS.

The OS system is Windows 7. I have tried opening versions 16, 20, 24, and 28 and the same thing. I ended up creating the mechanic a new username and login and he can open any program with no issues. This leads me to believe it has something to do with FactoryTalk security or something going wrong with his user account. My company is in the process of doing a corporate TechConnect contract after our site contract expired but of course like anything else, it takes time to work all of that out. I am left without access to tech notes, knowledgebase, etc. until that all gets taken care of. Just trying to see if anyone else out there has experienced this type of issue before. Thanks

I had this happen with version 24 only once on several machines aft after installing version 30. Had to set the user account control setting to the lowest and it quit doing it

I had this happen with version 24 only once on several machines aft after installing version 30. Had to set the user account control setting to the lowest and it quit doing it

edit: I'm in front of a keyboard now so I'll elaborate a little. After we installed v30 (at least I think that is what did it), on about 6 or 7 machines, any v24 that we attempted to open would immediately reboot Windows without warning. We played around with administrative rights on the launcher and studio5000.exe's, what ended up working for us was the Windows User Account Control setting being a the lowest setting.