Changes password on the Panelview screen

Deer

Hi all,

Today I am playing around Panelview 1000 that connected to Micrologix1200.
What is my concern is given a password for some screens, where the panelview will ask a password when operator trying to access this screen and I have successed to do it.
And my problem is how to change the old password with the new one, ?
I know there is a facility to changes the password on the panelview,it could found from OBJECTS--SECURITY KEYS and I make a new screen with SELECT OPERATOR--NEW PASSWORD--VERIFY PASSWORD.
Everytime I select operator and then enter NEW PASSWORD (and I entry with the old one first) but the panelview given a message "ERROR, CHANGES THE PASSWORD IS NOT ALLOWED".
I never successed to changes the old password, any suggest ?
Thanks Sir!

When you program a panelview with the Panelbuilder Software, you can specify that the operator is not allowed to change the password. This is most likely the case. YOu need to talk to the person who programmed the panelview and get them to change that setting and re-download the application.

Ndzied1, thanks for your reply.
I don't know how to specify someone allowed or not allowed can changes the password.
As I knew,on the SECURITY tab only have:Name, Password, Config Access, Modify Others, Visible, Changeable, and Use Existing.
I have check or defined all are actived, but for the changes the password I can't find.
What is my concern is changes the password from the Panelview terminal only and somebody doesn't need redownload program if they want to change the password.

You need to make sure the "changeable" box is checked for the users you want to be able to change their passwords.

Also, you have to include "Select Operator", "New Password" and "Verify Password" keys on the screen to allow the user to do both steps.

For a better description, look for "security keys" in the online help.