1756-DHRIO/E not available in factorytalk view studio / RSLinx enterprise

splintertje

Hello,

I have a problem making a connection whit my PLC and the program factorytalk view studio. When i try to connect to my devices it shows 1756-DHRIO/A but i need 1756-DHRIO/E. 1756-DHRIO/B, 1756-DHRIO/C and 1756-DHRIO/D are available, but i try those and they won't work. Factorytalk view studio use rslinx enterprise.

Wenn i use rslinx classic, i can connect to my PLC. Wenn i try rslinx enterprise whit rslogix 5000, it appears to. So i don't understand it anymore. Why can't i find it whit factorytalk view studio?

Can someone help me?

Hello,

I have a problem making a connection whit my PLC and the program factorytalk view studio. When i try to connect to my devices it shows 1756-DHRIO/A but i need 1756-DHRIO/E. 1756-DHRIO/B, 1756-DHRIO/C and 1756-DHRIO/D are available, but i try those and they won't work. Factorytalk view studio use rslinx enterprise.

Wenn i use rslinx classic, i can connect to my PLC. Wenn i try rslinx enterprise whit rslogix 5000, it appears to. So i don't understand it anymore. Why can't i find it whit factorytalk view studio?

Can someone help me?

Been there done that.
Have to use RSLinx Classic.

The program factorytalk view studio only works with rslinx enterprise. As far as i know. But i told it so you know it is a problem of the program and not of my connection whit the PLC.

The program factorytalk view studio only works with rslinx enterprise. As far as i know. But i told it so you know it is a problem of the program and not of my connection whit the PLC.

If this is a Factory Talk View SE application and you have RSLinx Classic OEM version or higher you can add RSLinx Classic as an OPC server to your SE application.

Not sure why Rockwell did not put in DH+ connectivity via a 1756-DHRIO in RSLinx Enterprise. But I am not suprised.

SE is full of gottchas.

My guess is that you are starting on Ethernet and browsing through a DHRIO module to a PLC or SLC controller on DH+.

That's is a feature that is supported by RSLinx Classic but not by RSLinx Enterprise.

Users who need that specific routing in FactoryTalk View SE usually run RSLinx Classic as an OPC server.

RsLinx Enterprise can connect directly to DH+ through a 1784-PKTX or a 2711P-RN6.

Unfortunately, i didn't make a program for a factorytalk view studio SE, but for a factorytalk view studio ME. It is for a little HMI, so i can view the status and errors off diffrend machines. Is that option available for the ME edition to?