Camera via telephone line

PLC Primer

P
Hi All,

Could you please suggest me a available solution for this application?
I have to monitor a warehouse via a camera from very far control room. That warehouse only have telephone line, i don't want to use a computer at warehouse.what is kind of camera i should use so that i can monitor the warehouse at control room ?
Please help me !

Thanks

You could try diginet security cameras as one option. When you start installing cameras that could be potentially used for security reasons. You run into a new set of requirements by law. One of those requirements is that the interfacing image cannot readily modifiable.

Can you get DSL on the phone line?? 1) It'll be much less expensive to install a Small PLC with a secure seb cam and monator it Over a DSL connection, rather thne using an always connected phone line.

Something like PCanywhere, VPN, or I think WinXP has a feature for taking over a remote computer also..

Best of luck with it, Mike.

DSL would be the simplest (and maybe only?) solution. Plug a network camera into the DSL modem and you're done. The network cameras have a webserver built-in, so you don't need a PC... (y)

beerchug

-Eric

Are the phone lines running from the warehouse to the control room? If you could get a dry pair in there phone cables you could ust a device fromNVT to send the video over the phone pairs. Ive used hundreds of them and have gone as far as 2 miles without a bit of losshttp://www.nvt.com/