HMI Programming Software

kiran

Hi,

I need to use an industrial PC with a touch screen for operator interface for one of my customer instead of an HMI system. This is an AB compactlogic based system. I need some suggestions/recommendation for software program to develop HMI screens for this. I have never programmed a PC/Touchscreen for HMI. It has always been a HMI that is supplied by the PLC manufacturer. This will be my first application hence some links to more info./help files will be most welcome.

Thanks,
kt

Hi

Or run rs view me on a pc also from rockwell but cheaper
But it is screen number based so be careful before u buy

Donnchadh

Last edited:
You could use Advanced HMI which has built in drivers for Allen Bradley. It is VB.NET based. You can download VB.NET express for free from Microsoft, then download Advanced HMI for free from source forge. There is a website you can use to get some support as well as a long running thread here to answer many questions you might have. There are even some tutorials on You Tube to get you started.