Question about HSC in Micrologix 1200

brown56

Question about HSC in Micrologix 1200. I am trying to program a HSC in a Micrologix 1200. I can set it up in the function file and see the accumulated count but I am unsure of how to make it control the logic in my program. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Brown56;)

It is a number. Use any number related instructions. A primary one will be the compare instructions LES, LEQ, EQU, GEQ, GRT or possibly the limit (LIM) instructions. Any will provide a TRUE output to use in the remaining part of a rung.

If you haven't already discovered it there is a quick start document #17447 on using the High speed Counter available on the AB knowledgebase. If you are using an encoder don't forget to change the input filter settings for the channel you use.