Logix 32.02.01 doesn't actually update to this rev

mister x

Has anybody been successful in updating the minor rev? I've downloaded the newest version, but it doesn't actually update from .00 to .01 - I even tried uninstalling the existing version first with no change....

9324-RLD700NXENE - Studio 5000 Professional Edition ESD S/W

I found that the same thing happens on version 17 and 19 (I recently installed their latest minor revisions). My assumption is that there is some configuration file(s) (perhaps resident in the registry) that wasn't updated to reflect the new minor revision when they rolled out the package. So, my money is on an oversight by Rockwell.

Seems that way, and rather ridiculous to make the central item an oversight. It looks like the Logix Designer msi in the package is still the old rev as the filename rev ends in. 00. Roll my eyes.

Last edited:
Sometimes it is the accompanying software that is updated. Maybe an installer, or a tool, or something else entirely. To differentiate, the entire package requires a new revision.

OG

The only issue there is that the FactoryTalk Updater keeps telling me .01 is available, so I'm not sure what is right. Probably just wait until v33....