Modicon XBTF034510 application/firmware issue

technolog

Lifetime Supporting Member
A customer called us on-site to look at a machine with a Modicon TSX3721001 PLC talking to a Modicon XBTF034510 HMI. Initially, the HMI wouldn't power-up. We swapped it out with an identical model we had here and inserted the PCMCIA memory card (where we're assuming the application resides) and the HMI wouldn't connect to the PLC. We got the following sequence of on-screen messages:

Schneider OS Loader...

BIOS Extension V2.1

Loading program
\APPLI\UTW2090.XEX
{progress bar}

Loading completed {very briefly}

APPLICATION FATAL ERROR: 1241
This is not an application for this product
Use XBT-L1000 (version V4.48 or newer) to convert and to export again this application

Waiting for XBT-L1000 connection...

My thoughts are that it's a firmware version issue. The faulty, original HMI has what looks like a date code of "FRANCE 0631" on it and its PCMCIA memory card has a sticker applied by the software author that says (C) 2009. The replacement HMI we found has "FRANCE 0124" on it and its PCMCIA sticker says (C) 2001. When we put the replacement HMI's own PCMCIA card in it, it boots successfully but the application isn't the right one for that particular machine.

So I think I need to get the newer application running on our older hardware.

Can anyone offer any insights on how best to go about this? I believe we need the XBT-L1000 software. I don't think we have it although I need to do a more exhaustive search. Is it still obtainable or perhaps a free download? We have a TSXCUSB485 cable which I think we bought for use with Vijeo Designer. Is there any chance that Vijeo Designer will do what we need?

Thanks in advance.

look this link:

https://www.se.com/br/pt/faqs/FA283178/

As this is schneiders website, it should be ok to load without buying license

It also has newer L1003 and L1004 versions, but you need to ask from schneider it.

And for cable, this info:
https://www.se.com/ww/en/faqs/FA197394/

So you need cables mentioned also on link1

p.s L1000 and L1003 both says version 4.51, so it is maybe allready latest version. You see after installing.

XBT series
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=2ahUKEwiXzKzs1KLpAhUoxcQBHXXZDs8QFjAAegQIAhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.rgbautomatyka.pl%2Fpl%2Fp%2Ffile%2F8a8862936e855551b255afec4904f5c0%2FXBTF024110-PANEL-OPERATORSKI-MODICON-TELEMECANIQUE-MANUAL.pdf&usg=AOvVaw3y6nE4pfEoHy7XhheQFAuk

Last edited:
Thank you very much to Lare & chud.

I'm going to download the XBT-L1000 software and see if there's an option to convert the application for use on older hardware. We have the XBTX915 cable somewhere and Schneider kindly include a pinout of the XBTZ962 adapter, so I'll be able to make that up.

I'll let you know how I get on (loosely translated - I'll be back for more help in a bit :) )

Just to add here for other peoples reference. The problem you have now is that the pv of the new screen you want to use is 01. This is a different terminal type in the XBTL1000. You have type pv<2 and 2 and above.
The xdf files you sent me imported and then exported again which now is a dop file.
According to the manuals i have this should be fine if you copy the dop file into the APPLI folder in the pcmcia card. But you say it doesnt work, so next step would be to download directly to the xbt from xbtl1000. On my windows10 OS the software still worked. Strangely enough it didnt work on my windows xp vm

Success!

I imported into XBT-L1000 from the original PCMCIA card - changed the hardware version - exported to a different PCMCIA card - plugged the card into the HMI and off it went in glorious technicolor!

Thank you very much to chud for the help behind the scenes in understanding what was needed and to Lare for the link to the XBT-L1000 software.

Good to know (y)

Still now it would be time to upgrade to newer panel series before these XBT series panels are more difficult to find spares and absolutely obsolete even used

Apparently Schneider offers a service to do a conversion to vijeo designer. Obviously at a cost. And I would also get rid of the Tsx37 micro as this is also obsolete. Make sure you have a FEF file for the tsx so you can do the conversion to unity

Thanks guys but it's not our machine. We're a second-hand machinery merchant. The machine belongs to a customer of ours. They reached out to us because they know we have experience with old control systems (though obviously not as much as you! :) )