Missing Instruction Tab in Studio 5000

roberto764

Hi everyone,

I'm getting back in to PLC programming after being away for about 15 years. I have just been working on small simple programs this week in Studio 5000 getting used to where everything is as I originally learned on a PLC5 and Logix500.

Anyway, I am looking for some help with something that happened just a little but ago and I have searched for a few hours looking for an answer to no avail. I was working in Studio when the tab that hold all of the instructions disappeared and I can't seem to figure out how to get it back. I'm attaching a pic of my screen as you can see where the tab that normally has all of the instructions (XIC, OTE, etc.) is gone. Im running rev 32.

Can anyone help me with this?
Studio 5000.png

Actually it may already be checked. Do you see the bar with the contacts in the upper left? Click on the area that is heavily dotted and drag it over to the right and see if it expands the instructions tabs.

This usually occurs when you accidentally click on one of the tool bars and drag it over another element. What happens is it opens it in a window, then people close the window and the toolbar is gone. That whole toolbar pallet is user configurable but I just usually use the default. If I changed it now it would probably be like switching the gas and brake pedal in a car!