FactoryTalk View and KepServer Modbus Addressing Syntax

elmatador

Hi Guys,

I am creating Factory Talk View Tags (RSView). I want to tie these tags directly to kepserver without having to declare a seperate tag in the Kepserver. Let me give you an example.

I have a modbus address of 44160. In the HMI Tag, I want to tie it to the following topic

Scadapack.Scadapack357.44160@long

Using this value I am supposed to be able to tie the tag without have to declare another tag in Kepserver. But this is not working for me. Has anyone used this format before?

It sounds like you are using DDE & not opc, in opc you only need declare the channel & Device in kepware but then in the client you need the actual address i.e.

Kep = Channel1.Device1
Client Channel1.Device1.M100

Similar Topics

I have nuisance alarm that comes and goes. Doesn't seem to stay longer for a few seconds, is there any way I can somehow add a time delay or...
Replies
Views
In the plant I work in we deal with a lot of the old TI-545 PLC's I have since been interfacing them with ethernet cards and adding Panel View...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone and anyone that can lend a helping hand. I have a project that I am being asked to add some animations of Solidworks or "3D" models...
Replies
Views
I can't seem to get the Panel View Plus 7 standard edition to downgrade to V_11, when I check the AB downloads and compatibility websites for this...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to export data from a DataGrid to Excel using VBA, but I'm getting an error "Object doesn't support this property or method". The...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom