boolean algebra

Both verboseness and terseness can obfuscate; it's quite the tightrope act.

In the Linux kernel coding style guide, there is an interesting statement about comments, but which speaks volumes about the code itself:

One goal of that style guide is code maintenance on a collaborative project; that has some parallels with the integrator/customer relationship (or even the [me now]/[me six months from now] relationship ;)).
Excellent post.

Both verboseness and terseness can obfuscate; it's quite the tightrope act.

In the Linux kernel coding style guide, there is an interesting statement about comments, but which speaks volumes about the code itself:

One goal of that style guide is code maintenance on a collaborative project; that has some parallels with the integrator/customer relationship (or even the [me now]/[me six months from now] relationship ;)).

Any chance that you could move to Ohio?

I may need to clarify.
I could be wrong, but I am getting the sense that many of you are thinking that I am adding complexity to the code.
I'm not talking about writing boolean algebra into the code. (don't even see how that is possible).
I'm talking about using boolean algebra on paper to help decipher code and then maybe writing it simpilar.

Don't worry about the stupid comments you get back.. You're right and your judgment is best here. If you think it's easier to read, then we should all assume it is.

Many people on here just like to put their two cents into everything. I think most of the time they hold the same opinion, but just want to argue a point from a different way.

That can be a valuable thing, but not when people comment just to be seen or heard.