TIA-Portal V15.1 Importing Sample Library Instruction - Compile error

Hal9000

Hi there,

I have found a useful Move function in the sample library (SampleLibraryForInstructions_v1.0.4).

I've inserted the function into my ladder code but I get the following compile error:

GATHER_BLK V1.0' data type is not supported on this CPU or by the current library version.

My CPU is S7-1516-3

I suspect I need to do another step here or maybe update the firmware or something but I can't find any help on that.

Can anyone please advise?

Many thanks,

Justin

Capture.PNG

My cpu firmware version is v2.6 and the help on the Gather_Blk states CPU of the S7-1500 series must be as of firmware version 2.1

Hi
Because your CPU must be supported the issue must be with the library

If you open the data type is there another UDT inside which you have not added to your PLC ? So a nested UDT that you have not copied to your PLC ?

How did you get gather_blk on to your ladder?

I dragged it from the instruction section using the default version of 1.2 - compiles ok.

gath.jpg

Thanks guys! You both helped me figure this one out..

At first, I dragged the Gather_blk straight from the library into the program blocks folder, this unpacked the instruction and created a new program folder (of the same name) with an example version of Gather_Blk with a pre defined DB. But as per my original post the block would not compile.

I since noticed that Gather_Blk wasn't listed under Move operations (instructions tab). This was because the version for that group was set to V1.3 I changed it to v2.3 and the function then appeared. Using 'update block call' changed the version (and colour) of Gather_Blk in my ladder code.

I silly mistake on my part and an easy fix in the end.

Thanks again.