Obtaining MER file from ME Station

MattMatt9

I have an ME Station with just a runtime file on it. Its a versaview and from what I have been told and seen Industrial PCs dont show up on FactoryTalk Linx Browser so I have to get this file physically. I only know of extracting the MER file through "Transfer Utility". Since I cant do this how do I locate this MER file directly from the computer?

You have to physically go to the versaview with a USB drive and copy/paste it. I'd bring a USB keyboard too.

I think the default path will be:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\Runtime

edit: I raised this with the FTVS product manager a few years ago, he happened to be out at Pack Expo while I was there. It would be very useful to be able to use the transfer utility to pull MER's from PC's running ME Station similar to PanelView. I think he took notes with invisible ink.

Last edited:
Ya thats what I was asking for was the path thanks. I assumed I would probably find it just didnt want to ghost hunt. And ya I would need to bring those thanks.

Do yourself a favor tho and put the free VNC on it. Then you can connect remotely. I use the one that comes with the PanelViews.

Only issue here is the company who installed the system gave us a password for the VNC Viewer to that HMI (ME Station) that is only for monitoring. Unrelated to the initial post but is there any way to change the security so we can not be in "service mode"?