Basic panel KTP700 / S7-300

Holmux

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi Everyone

I have a customer that would like me to add a KTP700(PN) panel to an existing S7-300 PLC.

Since this is my first Simatec panel I have been testing it at my desk connected to 1200-PLC, just to get familiar with the setup, the hole thing about programming the panel in TIA and then somehow (and this is where I need help) get this integrated into the project in manager.

Do I need a patch or expansion to get the S7-300 to accept the new panel ?

The 300 PLC might be replaced in a years time, so I guess it makes sense to upgrade the panel, but it is a bit tricky.

Any help would be greatly appreciated đź“š

Thanks

/Holmux

I had a feeling it would be like that, but don't I have to add a connection to the panel in the 300 PLC ?

I only see the series_1 panels as an option in manager

I use the KTP's with S7-1500's and the plc is not "aware" of the touch panel, the connection is setup in the panel config.

You'll want to add a "device proxy" for the S7-300 in your HMI project, to make it east to grab tags. Otherwise, you need to type in all the addresses manually.