FT View, editing a file protected by a login screen.

AutomationTechBrian

Lifetime Supporting Member
I was handed a FT View file to make a few simple edits on a screen. The file has a login/security screen that comes up at power-up. I have a spare panel to use to get a feel of the real life screen while I'm working with it. It's a big screen... 19" I believe. (2711p-t19c22d9p) But I've never worked with a security screen, and I'm wondering how I change the file to be able to view it. When I log in to the spare screen, all I can view are the alarms. I get a "controller not present" fault that evidently keeps me from viewing any of the screens past the login. When I try viewing the runtime screen while editing in FTV, I can't even get to a login.

Can someone point me in the right direction to be able to view the screens? I don't know the mechanisms that create a login screen, or how to temporarily disable it. I can open the file with no problems. I just can't see a runtime version of the screen.